Thursday, April 5, 2007

my goals

What is a life goal?
Maybe I should start with what is a goal? My definition of a goal is when you want to do something and do whatever you can to make that important thing happen and when you try till you succeed, when you are determined to make it happen.
So then what is a life goal?
My definition of a life goal is when you want or expect certain things to happen and fall into place in your life and when you work towards making those goals happen in stages in your life basically a recipe for what the mixture of the batter must be to make the perfect cake but in this case the batter is the little sometimes big goals you need or want to make the beautiful cake that is life.
What are my life goals? Before I go and state what all I want in my life I must tell you what I think life is life is about trust, compassion, and happiness. Avoiding jealousy, overcoming ignorance and building confidence. It’s not about what you do it’s about what you mean. It’s about seeing people for who they are and not for what they have.
That is my idea of what life should be.
Apart from finishing matric with 7A’s, getting into the best university, working hard and becoming and making my dream happen and that is to become a doctor…get a good job drive a nice car, wear the best clothes…be perfect, settle down marry a lovely husband, have a good marriage, have children who become the apple of my eye, be a good mother, be a good role-model. Yeah those are life goals that I want for me but much more than that I want a life that I am happy, a life that I touch someone in some way that can never be achieved otherwise. I want to replace that inner hate with love. Lives in which I know who my friends are and who my enemies are. A life where I know who I am. A life where I know individually as a person I am amazing, standing on my own two feet accomplishing new things everyday. I want to live my life remarkably.
I don’t want to spend 60 seconds in my life upset and down because that is a minute I’ll never get back, I don’t want to be afraid that my life will end I want to be afraid that it will never begin.
I want to fail in life because I don’t see it a incapacity…but instead in order for me to be a winner then its not succeed that I need to master is failure…you may be thinking what is wrong with me I am wanting to fail I admit it sounds bizarre but truly speaking I have nothing to lose only but one thing and that is my fear of losing. I want to set boundaries for myself, I want people to know what is acceptable to me and what is not, I want to know what my own limits and principals are and I want others to know as well. I want to set personal boundaries for myself so that I don’t have to be a sitting duck for all sort of problems and heartaches. To sum all that up I want to know where my place in the sun is. I want the world to become my playground where I set my rules for my game of life.These are the choices I choose to be my life goals.

No comments: